We are looking for a Developer to join our Tallinn team.
Funderbeam is the fully licensed funding and trading platform, connecting ambitious growth companies with capital, and creating unique liquidity for investors. It serves investors from more than 120 countries and companies from Europe, United Kingdom, and Asia. The Funderbeam Marketplace offers live trading and settlement, allowing buyers and sellers to interact 24/7, 365 days a year, without the need for brokers or other third parties.
Funderbeam was founded in 2013 and has offices in London, Singapore, Copenhagen, Tallinn, and Zagreb.
We are looking for a person who is curious and has a hunger to understand what makes things tick. Who is a talented engineer and helps us keep pace with all the development challenges a global financial technology company faces. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to use his knowledge and technical expertise to help us build a one-of-a-kind platform for connecting investors to companies across the world. Our operational environment is full of new ideas, regulated, and is changing quickly, making sometimes solutions complex but exciting. Our current technologies stack includes Java (Spring Boot), PostgreSQL, MEAN, AWS services, Docker/Kubernetes with a goal established to migrate to the cloud and use modern solutions and frameworks.
You will be based at our Tallinn office, and working closely together with our development and engineering teams
What you will do in the role?
Expectations of the role and responsibilities will evolve together with the overall growth of the company and your experience. Therefore, we expect you to have an open mind towards the role and its responsibilities.
The key requirements and main responsibilities are to develop and manage the Funderbeam platform in accordance with the company growth, business developments, and requirements from the regulatory institutions in the following areas:
- Design and develop reliable, fast, and flexible platform that fulfills business requirements
- Write structured, testable, and lightweight code
- Contribute your ideas to business processes, UX-UI, and technology
- Work together with our product, design, and engineering teams to define specifications
- Implement new financial instruments and functionalities for our end-users
- Discover and implement technical solutions and integrations with our partners
- Improve our back-office applications to benefit internal efficiency.
- Optimize performance and security of the systems
Key experience + skills
- Work experience in the following fields for at least 5 years:
- DevOps culture,
- Development using Java/HTML
- Hands-on experience in relational databases and in cloud services
- Experience in Agile development practices and DevOps culture
- Fluency in both English and Estonian
- Experience working in the financial sector and/or in trading would be a great bonus
The person we would love to meet is:
- Willing to take initiative and responsibility in a startup environment
- A self-starter and a self-teacher
- Self-motivated, and maintain high standards of professionalism
- Team player yet able to work alone and independently
- Proactive, positive, and open-minded working attitude
- Easy to work with, and want to work in a fun, fast-growing but demanding organization
- Pragmatic in the identification of issues and potential options and solutions
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, early-stage environment and with team members located in multiple international locations
What do we offer you?
- You’ll be working with a top-notch team. We don’t compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Autonomy, excellent exposure to management, input into company direction, ideas, and growth
- A competitive salary and inspiring atmosphere with excellent co-workers
- Opportunity to participate in Funderbeam’s employee option scheme
The role will be filled at the earliest convenience.
If you have any questions, you can ask our HR manager Catriin on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line Developer, Tallinn.
Learn more about us at www.funderbeam.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.