Systems Engineer (Tallinn)
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Tallinn team.
Funderbeam is the fully licensed funding and trading platform, connecting ambitious growth companies with capital, and creating unique liquidity for investors. It serves investors from more than 120 countries and companies from Europe, United Kingdom, and Asia. The Funderbeam Marketplace offers live trading and settlement, allowing buyers and sellers to interact 24/7, 365 days a year, without the need for brokers or other third parties.
Funderbeam was founded in 2013 and has offices in London, Singapore, Copenhagen, Tallinn, and Zagreb.
We are looking for a person who is curious and has a hunger to understand what makes things tick. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide his knowledge and technical expertise to help implement the business strategies, evaluate various technologies and build up a scalable and reliable infrastructure. In this role, you will work with complex systems, designing, developing, and integrating them at every stage of their life cycle.
You will be based at our Tallinn office, and working closely together with our engineering and development teams.
What you will do in the role?
Expectations of the role and responsibilities will together with the overall growth of the company and your experience. Therefore, we expect you to have an open mind towards the role and its responsibilities.
The key requirements and main responsibilities are to manage and develop the Funderbeam infrastructure in accordance with the company growth, business developments and requirements from the regulatory institutions in the following areas:
- network and servers (AWS)
- databases (PostgreSQL)
- monitoring services
- security of infrastructure, services, and applications
- office hardware (Apple)
- collaboration services (G-suite)
- consulting the developers
- supporting internal users
Key experience + skills
- Work experience in the above fields for at least 5 years
- Fluency in both English and Estonian
- Experience in Agile development practices and DevOps culture
- Experience working in the financial sector would be a bonus
- Deep knowledge in areas like Kubernetes, network, databases, security, would be a strong bonus
The person we would love to meet is:
- Willing to take initiative and responsibility in a startup environment
- A self-starter and a self-teacher
- Self-motivated, and maintain high standards of professionalism
- Team player yet able to work alone and independently
- Proactive, positive, and open-minded working attitude
- Easy to work with, and want to work in a fun, fast-growing but demanding organization
- Pragmatic in the identification of issues and potential options and solutions
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, early-stage environment and with team members located in multiple international locations
What do we offer you?
- You’ll be working with a top-notch team. We don’t compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Autonomy, excellent exposure to management, input into company direction, ideas, and growth
- A competitive salary and inspiring atmosphere with excellent co-workers
- Opportunity to participate in Funderbeam’s employee option scheme
The role will be filled at the earliest convenience.
If you have any questions, you can ask our HR manager Catriin on email@example.com. Please use the subject line Systems Engineer, Tallinn.
Learn more about us at www.funderbeam.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status