- Latest investment
- Dec 15 2016
- No. of Startups
SEB Venture Capital is the venture capital arm of SEB, founded by the Wallenberg family in 1856. They invest venture capital and add competence to and provide a network for companies with substantial growth potential. Their focus is on Technology and FinTech in particular, with the following principal characteristics:
* Products or services which offer competitive advantages that are sustainable over time.
* The entrepreneur is expected to be a shareholder in the company and to have relevant industry experience. Team is crucial!
* The company has a significant growth potential and scalable business model.
* Investments in the Nordics and Baltics primarily, but also UK and Germany ad-hoc
SEB Venture Capital operates on an independent basis. It has its own board of directors and an extensive, in depth contact network within many industries, primarily within technology and life science due to these investment focuses since the start, both domestically and internationally.
SEB Venture Capital is an evergreen fund and has made over 100 investments since its inception in 1995. Of these approx. 70 have been exited to blue chip acquirers like Microsoft, AstraZeneca, Cisco, Intel, J&J, Motorola and Nortel. SEB Venture Capital is actively looking for new investment opportunities as well as acquisition targets for its portfolio companies. Investment size up to 20 MUSD during their holding period, active ownership through the board and minority holdings only.
There is much more to this profile.
Log in or sign up for free to see the whole thing.
Get free access to these powerful tools:
- Advanced search filters
- Full startup and investor profiles
- Follow startups and investors
- Custom follow-lists
- Startup benchmarking
- Network maps
- Market stats