Experienced Software Executive with 20 years at Microsoft in a wide variety of roles in program management, product management, and as a general manager and corporate vice president.
* Currently at Divergent Ventures focusing on investments in software infrastructure
* Teach at Northwestern as the Industry chair of award winning course in software entrepreneurship, NUvention web, that has spawned 4 startups in 2 years.
* Extensive experience in managing large software projects, including Microsoft Windows Mobile, Windows CE, Windows Embedded.
* Specific experience in building new categories (Microsoft Exchange, Small Business Server, Portable Media Center)
* Experience in extending and developing existing categories (Microsoft Project) and business models (Microsoft Client Access License or CAL) and Microsoft Virtual Earth.
* Group Turnarounds (Windows Mobile, Windows Automotive)
* Currently interested in connecting with startups in the cloud, big data, mobile, and storage spaces.
Specialties:Software Engineering, Product Management, Marketing Management, Product Planning, Software Project and Product Turn-arounds, Embedded Software, New Device Development, Operating Systems Software, Server Software and Operating Systems, Development Tools and Runtimes, Project Management Software, email software and systems
There is much more to this profile.
Log in or sign up for free to see the whole thing.
Get free access to these powerful tools:
- Advanced search filters
- Full startup and investor profiles
- Follow startups and investors
- Custom follow-lists
- Startup benchmarking
- Network maps
- Market stats