- funding probability score
- total disclosed funding
- last round valuation estimate
- disclosed funding rounds
- latest round
- latest funding stage
- next round estimate
- development stage
- number of investors
- number of competitors
- monthly web visits
- twitter followers
184 Green Street, Cambridge, 02139, USA
- Academic Room (www.academicroom.com) is an online marketplace connecting industry with academic experts within communities of practice—ranging from economics and engineering to life sciences and medicine. Experts are a part of knowledge communities in which they curate content, interact with their peers and provide consulting services at one central location. Academic Room is the world's first marketplace where industry can directly hire the finest minds from academia for short-term projects. Industry has a tough time finding specialized academic talent to work on short-term projects. Academics too are increasingly finding it difficult to obtain tenure-track jobs and have no easy way to find relevant opportunities outside of academia. Academic Room solves this problem by creating an "oDesk for Academics" where industry may post its projects. Our platform—developed in the Harvard Innovation Lab—helps intelligently identify the best resources from a vast pool of academic talent. Academic Room was a finalist in 2012 Massachusetts Innovation and Technology Exchange (MITX) Awards and 2013 EdTech Digest Awards Program.
There is much more to this profile.
Log in or sign up for free to see the whole thing.
Get free access to these powerful tools:
- Advanced search filters
- Full startup and investor profiles
- Follow startups and investors
- Custom follow-lists
- Startup benchmarking
- Network maps
- Market stats