- funding probability score
- total disclosed funding
- last round valuation estimate
- disclosed funding rounds
- latest round
- latest funding stage
- next round estimate
- development stage
- number of investors
- number of competitors
- monthly web visits
- twitter followers
11th Floor, AXA Centre, 151 Gloucester Road, Hong Kong, HKG
- Acadine Technologies is a systems software company specializing in mobile operating systems for mobile, wearable, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Its core product is H5OS, a web-centric operating system that is primarily based on the open web standard HTML5. It is derived from Firefox OS, whose development company founder Li Gong had overseen as president of Mozilla Corporation.Acadine Technologies was established in May, 2015, based in Hong Kong with operations in Beijing, Taipei, Palo Alto, and London. Initially started under the name "Gone Fishing", the startup recruited various staff from Mozilla apart from Gong, including James Ho, former Mozilla CTO Andreas Gal and employees of Mozilla Taiwan. When Mozilla announced in December 2015 that it would cease its efforts to partner with mobile carriers to use Firefox OS on smartphones, it was reported that Acadine would take over this mission with H5OS. It released the first version of H5OS on 17th Feb 2016.It was announced on July 15, 2015 that Acadine Technologies received $100M of first-round funding from Tsinghua Unigroup International, a Hong Kong entity controlled by Tsinghua University and the Chinese government. In the same year, Li Gong stated that the company was already seeking a second round of funding from international investors, a main rationale being "to dispel very early the incorrect perception that we are somehow a China-backed company. We are really a pure Silicon Valley-style startup".
There is much more to this profile.
Log in or sign up for free to see the whole thing.
Get free access to these powerful tools:
- Advanced search filters
- Full startup and investor profiles
- Follow startups and investors
- Custom follow-lists
- Startup benchmarking
- Network maps
- Market stats