funding probability score
total disclosed funding
last round valuation estimate
disclosed funding rounds
latest round
latest funding stage
next round estimate
development stage
number of investors
number of competitors
monthly web visits
twitter followers
Offices
United States
HQ address
196 West Ashland, Doylestown, 18901, USA
Email
atc@accreditedbiz.com
description
Accredited Transcription Corp. is a Pennsylvania corporation formed in 2011 to assist enterprises needing to turn voice communications into data.

In March 2012, ATC acquired a 66.6% interest in United States Patent 6,298,328. In October 2012, ATC announced it acquired the remaining 33.4% of the patent.

The patent covers an invention that changed the course of transcription services for the modern era. Specifically, rather than transcribing voice live, ATC's patent uses telecommunications equipment so professionals could transmit their voice to a central data center while the transcription service returned it in text format.

Since the invention in 1999, the technological idea is believed to have been copied by various companies including Samsung, through its S-Voice platform, Apple's Siri system for its iPhone and iPads, along with software provided for mobile phones from companies such as VLink, Inc. Other companies may have also infringed on the technology by using similar systems and programs to provide voicemail to text services which are being used by Vonage and other telecommunications providers. Even certain McDonalds restaurants have implemented the technology for their drive in windows.

Teaming together with Pennsylvania Patent Prosecution Corporation and management consultants from Accredited Business Consolidators Corp., ATC will vigorously pursue the royalties that it believes are owed to it. ATC is in the process of notifying infringers of its patent and the royalties they may owe. Enterprises using the technology without agreeing to pay royalties may be subject to litigation and a request for an injunction.

ATC is owned by a consortium of enterprises including Dave's Holding Company, Pennsylvania Patent Prosecution Corp., Accredited Business Consolidators Corp., Uno Dos Tres, Inc., and others.

There is much more to this profile.
Log in or sign up for free to see the whole thing.

Get free access to these powerful tools:
- Advanced search filters
- Full startup and investor profiles
- Follow startups and investors
- Custom follow-lists
- Startup benchmarking
- Network maps
- Market stats