- funding probability score
- total disclosed funding
- last round valuation estimate
- disclosed funding rounds
- latest round
- latest funding stage
- next round estimate
- development stage
- number of investors
- number of competitors
- monthly web visits
- twitter followers
- Adpoints is a digital media and data business that rewards people for watching and engaging with video-based advertising. Its proprietary proof of viewing technology ensures that an advertiser’s video has been viewed in its entirety, thus solving the problem of avoidance, and maximising viewer attention and brand engagement. Through the service, advertisers are also, for the first time ever, able to connect ad viewership data to in-store purchases.
Adpoints is partnered with the Nectar loyalty scheme in the UK and leverages blue chip distributorship platforms and brands to build scale.
For the consumer, Adpoints gives Nectar card holders a unique opportunity to collect more points without having to purchase any product or service. Members view and engage with adverts at www.nectaradpoints.com. Adpoints changes the relationship between the viewer and the advert, from viewers being passive receivers to active consumers.
For the advertiser it is a game-changing service, delivering engaged, targeted audiences, guaranteed views, detailed viewer insights and engaged website traffic. For FMCG advertisers, Adpoints can evaluate the impact on in-store sales, providing unrivalled return on investment insight. It is a unique new advertising format with little direct competition.
The business has proven that its rewards-based, elective viewing choice model creates deep viewer engagement and increases pre-disposition towards advert messaging, meaning that its advertising clients are entering into more meaningful relationships with their viewers.
The company was founded in 2010 by Jason Froggett, former head of CRM for Dell, who partnered with two ex-colleagues (Sue Nelson and Richard Webster) from DLG to build and launch the concept. In 2012, Terry Hunt was appointed chairman. Terry founded the leading direct marketing agency, Evans Hunt Scott (now Havas EHS), is president of the Institute of Direct Marketing, sits on the Advisory Board of Aimia (Nectar’s parent company) and advises the board of DMG. Amongst other things, Terry was part of the Tesco Clubcard founding team in 1994.
There is much more to this profile.
Log in or sign up for free to see the whole thing.
- Advanced search filters
- Full startup and investor profiles
- Follow startups and investors
- Custom follow-lists
- Startup benchmarking
- Network maps
- Market stats