- funding probability score
- total disclosed funding
- last round valuation estimate
- disclosed funding rounds
- latest round
- latest funding stage
- next round estimate
- development stage
- number of investors
- number of competitors
- monthly web visits
- twitter followers
Synergy Centre, Dublin, 24, IRL
- Allogen Biotech is developing a portable food contamination and allergen-testing device that will enable food manufacturers and food processors bypass time consuming and expensive centralised laboratory testing. We are entering the worldwide and rapidly growing area of "Gluten-Free" (37% growth rate, UK) and "Free-From" (24% growth rate, UK) food manufacturing, and processing areas.
Major market changes seen in the past few years include steadily increasing legislation on food labelling. This includes labelling specifically for allergens listed in foods. Recently there has been a European scandal involving equine derived DNA in products labelled as beef. This is a fine example of the lack of In-House mainstream product testing to ensure high levels of quality produce. A reason behind the lack of testing is the high price per test to the customer and the time for results to be issued. This is something Allogen Biotech will be addressing with our new product.
Allogen Biotech is future-proofing its product by targeting not only the Gluten Free market, but also other allergens such as Soya, Dairy, Lactose, and Sulphites.
Allogen Biotech's Unique Selling Point is we are giving manufacturers the ability to rapidly check, control, and manage levels of contaminants and allergens in their products at a lower cost than the current market standards, without compromising sensitivity and reliability.
There is much more to this profile.
Log in or sign up for free to see the whole thing.
- Advanced search filters
- Full startup and investor profiles
- Follow startups and investors
- Custom follow-lists
- Startup benchmarking
- Network maps
- Market stats