- funding probability score
- total disclosed funding
- last round valuation estimate
- disclosed funding rounds
- latest round
- latest funding stage
- next round estimate
- development stage
- number of investors
- number of competitors
- monthly web visits
- twitter followers
- Ankur Capital is India’s first impact focused angel fund. We support start-ups with a difference, businesses that make a difference in the lives of the underprivileged.
We believe there is a huge opportunity to create businesses in low-income communities in India. These businesses create sustainable employment and income enhancements that in the long term empower these communities to move up the economic ladder. Investing in this is not only an opportunity for getting reasonable returns but also to create paradigm shifts in the lives of the poor.
Ankur Capital is a social venture fund that incubates and invests in start-up businesses that impact low-income communities in India. Our single minded purpose is to build great companies for impact and we do that by bringing business expertise, transparency, rigor, perspectives, and all round support that goes way beyond capital.
Small "for profit" social business, find access to capital and management skill sets very hard to come by. We support inclusive business models with our unique combination of capital investment and hands-on management support. Our team's deep operational experience allows us to partner with enterprises to evolve, refine and grow their businesses. Ankur bridges the gap, both financial and operational, that a business faces in making the transition from proven concept to a sustainable venture creating impact.
We have invested in 3 ventures
- ERC eye care - company in north east- upper Assam ( an impoverished community with very little medical facilities), to provide low cost eye care.
- Cropin - A mobile, GPS based farm ERP system which helps small farmers connect with global supply chains, resulting in better inputs and better prices.
- PBK Waste Solutions - A waste management company facilitating home composting using pots from rural potters, thereby not only reducing waste, but also increasing income for rural potters.
Dec 2014 via Ankur Capital
Oct 2014 via Ankur Capital
There is much more to this profile.
Log in or sign up for free to see the whole thing.
Get free access to these powerful tools:
- Advanced search filters
- Full startup and investor profiles
- Follow startups and investors
- Custom follow-lists
- Startup benchmarking
- Network maps
- Market stats