- funding probability score
- total disclosed funding
- last round valuation estimate
- disclosed funding rounds
- latest round
- latest funding stage
- next round estimate
- development stage
- number of investors
- number of competitors
- monthly web visits
- twitter followers
157 Thomas Street, Dublin, 8, IRL
- aPperbook is a technology company that has developed an eBook publishing platform, to securely distribute books in a digital format on Windows, Apple and Android devices. The platform allows publishers, and in particular school book publishers to distribute their current books digitally, in an App format that works on Apple iPad, Android 3 and 4 and Windows devices. An early version of the Platform has been successfully used in the Irish market for school year 2011/12 and 2012/13.
The Apps use HTML5 to view the books, and enable user interaction. They can be used in online or offline mode, as the content is secured on the device. User content is backed up to the cloud and can be accessed on multiple devices. The conversion requires little work on the publisher side and with a manageable upfront set-up cost and ongoing percentage of book sales provides and attractive method of transforming the business from hardcopy to digital.
Publishers of books and text books are seeing increased demand for delivering their books in digital format. In the schoolbook market, pressure from schools and parents is pushing publishers to find solutions quickly. Decisions on what books students should use is being influenced by the availability of digital books with large sales being lost due to inability to supply digital books. aPperbook can help a publisher meet these needs painlessly leaving the publisher free to concentrate on re-engineering the business process going forward.
There is much more to this profile.
Log in or sign up for free to see the whole thing.
Get free access to these powerful tools:
- Advanced search filters
- Full startup and investor profiles
- Follow startups and investors
- Custom follow-lists
- Startup benchmarking
- Network maps
- Market stats