Expert Eye – Lily Ray – SEO
On today’s Podcast, we start a new series – ‘Expert Eye’ aimed at helping founders and entrepreneurs gain expert insights into various aspects of marketing, business development and general business advice.
We will talk to leading practitioners in their field, with the hope of inspiring founders and those involved in growth businesses to take their companies to the next level.
First up in the series is world renowned SEO expert, Lily Ray.
Lily has more than 12 years experience in SEO and is one of the most well respected voices in search based marketing. She has a large and active twitter following which is probably the best place to read and hear her insights into the world of SEO.
Oli was lucky enough to grab some time with Lily to talk all things SEO, including;
- How she got started in SEO and her career to date
- SEO as part of a marketing strategy – where does it rank in terms of priority for most companies?
- The differences between SEO for smaller companies vs large firms
- Key advice on how to start developing your SEO strategy
- The truth about link building
- The most important ranking factors, and how you can leverage expertise to create content that ranks
We hope that some of these insights help you think about how to craft your own SEO strategy and inspire you to help do the one thing Google wants you to do – Answer queries in the best way possible.
You can watch the podcast below OR listen to it here, or wherever you get your podcasts by searching for ‘Funderbeam Podcast’.
In Funderbeam’s tech-powered marketplace, anyone can buy and sell investments in ambitious companies, whilst founders can raise capital without borders.
* Capital at Risk