How do I start trading?
In order to begin trading, you need to first verify your account. You can complete this quick process through your logging into your dashboard and clicking “Verify my Identity”. Trading is only available in case the investment has been admitted to trading on the Marketplace.
Key information about trading on Funderbeam
Funderbeam’s Marketplace has a few key principles that are important to be aware of prior to beginning. These are:
- Funderbeam has implemented a Pre-Funded Wallet meaning that any potential buyer will need the exact amount (or more) of available funds before they would be able to match or place an order.
- When placing an order, you will be offered a guide as to appropriate prices per share/unit/note. This pricing corridor is set 20% above and below the Moving Volume Weighted Average Price (MVWAP) which sets a market average based on the previous 5 trades from that instrument. The MVWAP is rounded up/down to 2 places (after decimal/comma) before pricing corridor calculations are made.
- Once an order is submitted, you as a buyer or seller are agreeing to the legally binding agreement connected should this be matched. This means that once the order is matched, it cannot be cancelled.
- Finally, Funderbeam employs a weighted average approach to calculate the average price of security purchases. This means that when an investor makes an additional purchase of a security, the quantity of their initial buy orders is factored into the calculation of the average price. As a result, the average price may differ from the investor’s most recent transaction price.
How to Trade?
Placing an Order
- You can post an order by clicking the Buy/Sell button found in the top right corner of the relevant trading page.
- Select the amount of the investment and the value per unit/share/note
- Please ensure that the value fits within the price corridor
- For Buy orders – you will need to have available funds in your wallet to place orders.
- For Sell orders – you will need to have enough available assets in your wallet
- Review the details including the expiry date
- Confirm the agreement and understanding of the terms and click submit.
- For sell orders – you will be asked to confirm any payable fees or taxes.
This order will then become available on The Marketplace.
For Buy orders the order price is the maximum they would be willing to pay, and for Sell orders the price is the minimum price they would sell for. In some cases the trade total might change depending on the available orders.
How does it work?
The Funderbeam Marketplace works with an automatic matching and partial filling logic. This means that an order placed will be automatically checked against all available orders and if possible will be automatically matched to the best order within the price corridor.
This will occur even if the matching order does not fulfill the entire order. This enables smaller orders to be combined to complete a larger counter order placed on the Marketplace.
John Buyer has placed a buy order in ACME Corp for 500 shares at the price of €1.50 per unit on the 1st of March. Jane Seller placed a sell order in ACME Corp for 200 shares at the price of €1.20 on the 3rd of March.
A. 200 shares in ACME Corp will be sold at the price of €1.5 as Jane’s order automatically matched the already existing higher offer to buy from John.
B. Should Jane’s sell order have been placed prior to John’s (ie before the 1st of March), then the 200 shares in ACME Corp would have sold at €1.20.
John’s trade, as only partially filled, will remain on the Marketplace until the expiry or the remainder is matched.
If there are any additional questions we recommend firstly contact the support team prior to using the Marketplace.
️Warning: Investing in early-stage and growth companies puts your capital at risk. Please read our Risk Disclosure Statement